September 27, 2009

Arrival in Amsterdam (Sept 27, 2009)

Well, I'm in Amsterdam.

As predicted the partiers in Reykjavik were full at it when we left around 5 am.  A couple stopped and offered me a lift when I was standing outside to get some air.  Nice people.  They need a larger airport, or they need to stop emptying Iceland of tourists on Sunday morning at 6 am.  3 hour flight, saw The Faroe Islands, some ships, some offshore drilling platforms, and a lot of Dutch people.

Glad I'm in the Dam.  Took a train into town, across the street, and that's where I am for the next 10 days.  Cool room.  Tiny, but funky.  Air conditioning, WiFi, LCD TV, and room for a friend if I make any here.  Bwahahahaha...geddit?

I'll see if I can get some pictures going, but I only have my video camera and no iMovie here.  So you kiddies will have to wait.

I think I'll go out for a steak.  This town is just absolutely pumping with people.  It's a fantastic city, although I had my belongings stolen the last time I was here.  I'll give ADam another try, but I won't give that to Rome.

Anybody know where I should visit?  I have a couple days before my software conference starts, so I thought I'd rent a bike, do some stupid things, and... ya.



1 comment:

Ellen said...

You're hilarious. Glad you're having fun. Meh you're not old you're just not into the crazy scream at ppl across the table kinda bar scene. Not really my thing either as I haven't been out to a bar in 2 yrs. Maybe I'm getting old too, lol. Hope the conference goes well. Keep us posted.

Followers

Same old crap, different bucket.